Helping Hands Indigenous Housing
A service for indigenous people, over the age of 18, who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the Northern Rivers Region.
If you have no where to live or will have to move out soon and have not found another place to live, we will work with you to help you find housing you can afford or for you to stay in your current home.
How We Do It?
By providing up to 12 months case management support to you or your family. We help you to work on the problems that have made it hard to find or stay in your home.
Who We Can Help
Indigenous persons who:
- Have nowhere to live or have to move out of where they live very soon and have not found another place to live
- Are staying in either the Lismore or Casino shire
- Want to find long term housing
- Agree to be case managed
- Housing NSW
- MHCA - Mental Health Council Association
- TICA - Australia's Largest Tenancy Database
- NRSDC Northern Rivers Social Development Council
- AFHO - Australian Federation of Homelessness Organisation
- FAHCSIA - Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
- ON TRACK - On track Community Programs
Helping Hands is offering a number of training opportunities for clients of other services. If you would like to attend please look at our Training Calendar for 2012.
AFTER HOURS HELP
If you are homeless and require after hours help ring:
1800 152 512
Department of Housing
Tuesday to Friday 4.30 - 10.00pm
Weekends & Public Holidays
10.00am - 10.00pm
We work closely with:
- Department of Housing Ph: 1300 305 667
- North Coast Community Housing Cooperative Ph: (02) 6621 8644
- Centrelink Offices Ph: 131 1021
- Community Mental Health Services Ph: (02) 6620 2300
- Ontrack Community Programs Inc Ph: (02) 6621 5736