Vision: Many tracks, one road sustaining community
The Lismore Neighbourhood Centre Inc is a not-for-profit, incorporated community organisation formed in 1977. The Lismore Neighbourhood Centre is governed by a Board of Directors. The board is made up of professionals working in the Lismore and surrounding communities. LNC receives funding for its projects and programs from a variety of agencies, sponsors, donors and fund raising initiatives.
The Lismore Neighbourhood Centre believes in:
- Enabling people to become aware of and make choices in their own lives
- The right of people to individuality, respect, privacy and confidentiality and to be treated with empathy and without judgment
- The right of the community to accountable and responsive service provision through implementing quality improvement processes
- Advocating for the right of people to access services on a non-discriminatory basis based on the principles of access and equity
- The right of children to be valued as individuals
- The right of people to live and work in a safe community free from all forms of violence
- Recognizing and valuing the contribution of volunteers
- The rights of staff and volunteers to a safe and supportive work environment
- Empowering staff and volunteers to develop their skills therefore providing better service to the community and increasing personal opportunities
The Lismore Neighbourhood Centre (LNC) operates a number of welfare and community capacity building programs and services in the township of Lismore, as well as the Northern Rivers region, and the larger area of Far North Coast. The Centre incorporates a Community Hub offering a range of services. Lismore Neighbourhood Centre has developed a comprehensive microfinance team offering a range of microfinance products and budget counselling services. Our service includes the provision of case management support for Aboriginal people who are at risk of homelessness or homeless, Counselling services for victims of sexual assault, children and adult survivors. We operate a volunteer resource centre and a community visitors scheme through Aged Care Facilities.